SMWW Baseball Scouts have been trained and mentored by some of the best in the industry. SMWW Baseball Scouts have completed a rigorous eight week training program and instructed by Maury Brown and Jonathan Story. SMWW Baseball Scouts are listed here with scouting report samples. Please contact them and arrange a complimentary scouting report for your program, be it at the high school, university, or professional level.
SMWW Baseball Scouting Mentors:
- Jonathan Story is a MLB Scout, author and former pro ball player. Currently, Jonathan is a scout for the Atlanta Braves. Prior to that he spent 3 years as a scout for the Houston Astros. He provided detailed coverage of the Southern League and selected spring training rosters to aid the club in the selection of players during trades, the Rule 5 draft and six-year free agent signings. Jonathan’s scouting career began with the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club in 1992. Jonathan’s varying roles for several teams during his fifteen years of involvement in professional baseball as a player, amateur scout, professional scout and front office administrator have provided him the opportunity to observe the game from numerous perspectives. His duties within his area as an amateur scout included talent evaluation along with coordinating schedules with supervisors, interviewing players and their families, negotiating contracts and signing players within his area. As the Asst. Director of Professional Scouting with the Cleveland Indians Baseball Club Jonathan managed and coordinated the professional scouting staff, provided detailed knowledge and understanding of each MLB organization’s minor league system by reviewing and listing preferentially all professional reports and served as a liaison between the front office and professional scouts.
- Maury Brown is the editor of The Biz of Baseball and President of Bizball, LLC. Maury was the creator of the original Business of Baseball.com, and the former co-chair of SABR’s Business of Baseball committee. His first notable work in the business of baseball was assisting in the Submission to MLB by the MLB to Portland effort during the Expos relocation derby. He is currently on the staff of Baseball Prospectus, has been a staff member for The Hardball Times and writes the companion blog to The Biz of Baseball, The Baseball Journals. His analysis and commentary has been published in the NY Times, Boston Globe, Washington Times, CNN/Money, Toronto Globe and Mail, Los Angeles Times, Pittsburgh Post Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, San Jose Mercury News, The Baseball Analysts, the Oregonian, and Sports Fantasy Monthly magazine.
SMWW Baseball Scouts have successfully completed 8 weeks of training including:
- Collegiate Baseball Scouting
- MLB Baseball Scouting
- Methods of ranking high-school and college baseball prospects
- The making of a baseball scouting report
- The language and history of baseball scouting
- Concise evaluation techniques and terminology
- New age scouting vs. Traditional methods
Click here to search for a SMWW Baseball Scout by Area.
SMWW Scouts will do a complimentary scouting report to your specifications to prove they are an expert.
SMWW Scouts will be an exceptional resource to save you time and money in your program!