SMWW Basketball Scouts have been trained and mentored by some of the best in the industry. SMWW Basketball Scouts have completed a rigorous eight week training program and instructed by Ed Gregory and Frank Burlison. SMWW Basketball Scouts are listed here with scouting report samples. Please contact them and arrange a complimentary scouting report for your program, be it at the high school, university, or professional level.
SMWW Basketball Scouting Mentors:
- Ed Gregory, former NBA General Manager, NBA scout, NBA coach and NBA front office executive is one of the most well known executives in the game. Ed joined the Golden State Warriors in 1986 as assistant coach under George Karl. He eventually took over as Head Coach in final 18 games of the 1997-1998 season. He continued with the Warriors as the Director of Scouting for 10 years (1988-1989). He has been called a super scout with an unbelievable eye for talent and feel for the game. In those years with the Warriors, he was responsible for the drafting of Mitch Richmond, Tim Hardaway, Tyrone Hill, Latrell Sprewell and Chris Webber. Ed spent three years as a scout for the Portland Trailblazers and three years with the Cleveland Cavaliers. He was responsible for one of the best drafts in NBA history in 1986 when he ran Cleveland’s draft of Brad Daugherty, Ron Harper, Mark Price, and Johnny Newman. Ed has circled the globe seeing over 100 games a year, scouting colleges, CBA and foreign stars.
- Frank Burlison is Scout.com Network Basketball Analyst. His opinion on high school and college players is one of the most respected in the country and he is frequently in communication with some of the NBA’s most respected people in the front office. For Scout.com, Burlison currently focuses on college basketball, recruiting, and the NBA Draft. Prior to his induction into the United States Basketball Writers Hall of Fame in April of 2005, Frank worked for the Fox Sports Network as a National College Basketball columnist, covering a gamut of college basketball and the NBA Draft. Over the years, Frank has scouted, analyzed and wrote about 95 percent of the all players currently in the NBA. Frank evaluated some of the great stars in the making at the high school level, including Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade. Many of his career highlights include covering The Final Four and the U.S. Olympic Basketball team.
SMWW Basketball Scouts have successfully completed 8 weeks of training including:
- Basketball Scouting player evaluation; body type, mental makeup, playing ability, physical tools
- Learn to identify players who will succeed at NBA or various international levels
- College Scouting and rating college talent as it pertains to the NBA draft
- Traditional basketball scouting vs. new high tech scouting and digital video editing
- The making of a basketball scouting report
- Basketball Scouting, player evaluation, player ratings and in-depth analysis
- Concise and indepth Basketball scouting terminology
- Collegiate basketball scouting versus high school players
- Methods of ranking high-school and college basketball talent
- The language and history of basketball scouting
Click here to search for a SMWW Basketball Scout by Area.
SMWW Scouts will do a complimentary scouting report to your specifications to prove they are an expert.
SMWW Scouts will be an exceptional resource to save you time and money in your program!